The City of Columbus will provide 12 free bulk trash drop-off locations for The Ohio State University area, the most densely populated area in Columbus with close to 50,000 residents. This annual pickup will take place as leases expire, apartments are vacated and furniture and other large items are thrown out prior to students moving in for OSU’s fall semester. The free drop-off locations will be available July 25 through Aug. 5. Residents can also schedule bulk pickup by calling (614) 645-3111.
The 12 bulk drop-off locations are (see map below):
- 2351 West Patterson Avenue by Tuttle Pool
- Rear of 2150 North Fourth Street
- Rear of 176-178 East Norwich Avenue
- Side of 117 West Norwich Avenue
- 28 East Woodruff Avenue at Tuller Street
- Rear of 1975-1981 Summit Street
- Front of 140 East 16th Avenue
- Rear of 28-38 East 14th Avenue
- Front of 293 East 14th Avenue
- Rear of 104 East 12th Avenue
- Rear of 121 East 11th Avenue
- Rear of 175 West 10th Avenue
Regular scheduled weekly trash pickup in the OSU campus will be done on Tuesdays during the Move-out/Move-in effort. In addition, City crews will be working in the alleys three days a week in order to keep Columbus and the University District as clean as possible.
Bulk collection reminders include:
- The city will only collect bulk trash at the 12 drop-off-sites; other types of waste will not be accepted
- Do not place bulk trash in or next to regular refuse containers
- Do not leave bulk trash in alleys
- If you are not able to take your bulk trash to a drop-off- site, contact the city of Columbus 311 Customer Service Center at (614) 645-3111 or go online atwww.311.columbus.gov to schedule bulk pick up.
Instead of throwing out used furniture in good, clean condition, residents can be green and donate items to a non profit, charitable organization.
More information can be found at the following web page: