Art on Private Property
Art may be visible to the public but located on private property. When this happens, keep in mind these points as you develop your project:
- There is no governing body that reviews or approves art on private property - it's considered a form of free expression!
- Murals on buildings do not require a permit so long as they do not contain any advertising.
- Other types of art mediums installed on buildings may not require a permit unless it alters the structure of the building, electrical, plumbing, etc. If in doubt, contact Columbus Building & Zoning Services just to be safe.
- Feel free to consult the Arts & Character Plan for inspiration!
- The Arts Implementation Committee is more than willing to discuss your project and provide insight on making your project successful. However, this is not required!